Saturday, August 1, 2009

WALKING AROUND WITHOUT A HEART (for Mal de Hyde)

All these years my penis has been faking it
If it rains I don’t lift a finger
I mate online I sleep
I have various organs removed
I eat chocolate covered cranberries
I watch basketball without hope
I put my clothes on the line
Nothing else
I have aches like anyone else
but they don’t lead to assaults
I have an extra room under my left nipple
I invite a slice of pizza in
Jazz makes me feel sound
Hairs I leave behind from the EKG
I like to see what’s inside the dead trees
The telephone is always a shock
like Plato walking in and asking for a peach
The computer is a trash compactor
I shop for general anesthesia
I only shave before surgery
I smell like dominion
I come up two lemons and a banana
Listen to the road noise
You can almost tell the mail from the garbage truck
The lungs sound like someone learning how to play the flute
There’s a recession I’m told
you should be writing happier poems
An erection is an erection I respond
In the land of the free
and the Black Buried young
Please visit me in the hospital cellar

No comments:

Post a Comment