Sunday, August 2, 2009

ACROSS A CROWDED ROOM

let’s say I’m malignant
but I spread so slowly
I am considered benign
part of the lumpen family

you’re mostly puritan
not in the habit of ravishing yourself everyday
so I stay under the radar
feeling you up

you keep your distance
the condition worsens
the drugs you need are illegal
hit and run is your story in a nutshell

I might be gay
the product of a single mother
kiss me through the face mask
hold me by my oxygen tank

if my name doesn’t appear on your television
how can I be anyone
not even worth the immature bark
of a fox kit

let’s say I’m buds
that only lead to a lot of naked trees
unable to provide enough cover
for a quick piss in the woods

knowing can’t cure the disease
but you are more beautifully sad now
I love you I say
and that’s the first symptom

No comments:

Post a Comment