Thursday, March 26, 2009

PATTI

patti never calls
I have a very close relationship with my phone

patti doesn’t write
I am a prolific poet

patti doesn’t visit
my life is full of possibility

*

patti is my frog
my turtle and my fox

my pig says “Patti!”
every time I drop a penny in

if I patti my cat too much
she bites me

*

I drink patti like adrenalin

I patti back and forth on my bike

I pour patti on my pancakes

I climb patti to reach the peak

*

oh wicked wick in my wax

oh spark

oh black gems dropping
from the deer’s behind

oh crash trip
oh splat and bounce and roll and snuggle

*

I’m up to my flood stage in giraffes

worm that I am
I throw my line out for a patti

the heart of rotten wood all to myself
the dark cavity where I multiply

*

keep your pity for yourself
drop a patti in my cup

a thought is worth a thousand havings

she’s a maybe with all the extras

tartar sauce oozing out of a sandwich smile

22nd Century girl

*

No comments:

Post a Comment