Saturday, April 25, 2009

NEW HAMPSHIRE

in a Laundromat named Ron Padgett
I find this sock
“…free of the baggage of who I happen to be…”

I put it behind my right ear like a pencil
and wait for an idea
I decide to take it home and look for a match

I find “keep away from children”
and “close cover before striking”
but no match however

there is something without a mate in my home
me
so I decide to take many baths

until I am the same color
in the bathtub I begin wondering
if Gary Snyder lost many of his articles

while meditating in Japan
I figure yes he must have spent time in Laundromats
I also don’t know why my computer is always forcing me to capitalize Laundromat

it doesn’t seem proper to me
but that’s neither here nor there
I could hang myself on a line to dry

or I could just dye
I prefer living in a poem rather than the other way around
my feet don’t have to go together

No comments:

Post a Comment